As the Director, IT Security, you will lead all initiatives related to the asset & data protection for Kangarootime. This role will partner with various leaders throughout the organization primarily within the Executive team, Product Development and IT Operations to present potential risks and provide solutions.
- Facilitates and manage the development, modification, and operation of security protocols including intrusion detection and prevention systems to protect the organizations information from breach or loss.
- Responsible for compliance, including SOC, PCI, and GDPR
- Conducts periodic audits and due diligence checks of security protocols, evaluating systems for vulnerabilities.
- Recommends modifications to security protocols as required.
- Develops and/or provides training and guidance on acceptable use, risk management, incident response, and security protocols to employees.
- Periodically briefs senior management on status of security system and protocols.
- Reviews reports of, and evaluates response to, any security incidents.
- Ensures that monitoring operations comply with all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging security threats, technical challenges, and developments in system protection and IT security standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management preferred.
- 5+ years of previous Information Security experience.
- Excellent management and leadership ability.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient, or able to gain proficiency with, a broad array of security software applications and tools.
- Organized with attention to detail.
A commitment to Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
Kangarootime is dedicated to providing every employee with the best possible employment experience regardless of their race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, familial status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing/genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state and local laws. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We value the many identities, perspectives, and experiences of all of our employees.